Johnson County, IA Businesses For Sale

Lighting Dealer for Multi-Family & Single Homes
$325,000 Cash Flow: $143,612 Seller Financing
Lighting Dealer for Multi-Family & Single Homes

Johnson County, IA

For over 70 years in eastern Iowa, this lighting solutions company has grown from a small electrical business into a major supplier for area builders. Specializing in high-end residential and multi-family properties, 85% of business comes from builders, with the remaining 15% coming from retail sales. Customers can choose from lamps, sconces, and pendants to directional lights, chandeliers, exterior lights and more. The company is a second location for a business that is looking to move toward a focus in interior design. On staff are 6 employees, with 4 in Sales and 2 in the Warehouse. The business occupies a 7,500-sq. ft. space in a strip mall, with the lease covering both a showroom and a warehouse. A buyer could look to grow the company by operating as the General Manager, or look to promote one of the Salesmen to GM. While the company has a good website, there is not integrated online purchasing available, which a buyer could pursue. A quicker way to expand would be through social media ads on a number of platforms. If you’re looking to expand your territory, break into a new area or simply want to own your own company, this is a great chance to take a family-owned business to the next level.

Residential Appliance Dealer & Repair Services
$1,075,000 Cash Flow: $407,816 Seller Financing
Residential Appliance Dealer & Repair Services

Johnson County, IA

Serving Johnson County Iowa for 65+ years, this residential appliance dealer also offers repair services within a 25-mile radius of its 5,000-sq. ft. showroom. Geared toward retail customers, who comprise 75% of sales, nearly 80% of walk-ins seek out new appliances for remodels. The remaining 25% of sales come from local contractors. On staff are 10 full-time employees, 3 of whom handle all service calls. Service employees drive company trucks, and spend 95% of their time on the road. Delivery and installation is carried out by 3 full-time delivery men. Additionally, there are 3 in Sales working the showroom and assisting customers. While both owners are engaged in the day-to-day operations, 1 efficient person could handle both of their duties. Please note that neither owner does any labor or servicing. Only $72,000 of inventory is generally kept as product orders have a 48-hour turnaround time, with orders placed 2 times per week. The company does keep apartment-grade appliances in stock as there is a large demand for it in the area. Growth exists in offering leasing and rent-to-own, as well as expanding the used inventory offerings. A buyer should also consider carrying more brands to increase product options. Additionally, breaking into commercial appliances would be a nice revenue stream. Demographics: 75% retailing to homeowners, of which 80% are for remodels, 20% for new builds (business is on preferred vendor lists for housing developments); 25% contractor