Now is the perfect time to plan your marketing strategy, as a surge in activity is expected from the growing number of buyers and business owners entering the business-for-sale market. This starts with following the latest best practices for marketing your business, yourself, and your listings, including taking advantage of all BizBuySell has to offer.
Here are 7 ways to generate more leads and boost your business this year:
- Follow the latest online marketing best practices. Your website should include information about you and your team, your contact information, areas of expertise, listings, as well as helpful information, such as blog articles. To capitalize on the increased number of buyers searching for businesses on a mobile device, your website should also be responsive and optimized for viewing on a phone, tablet or desktop computer. Also, be sure to check out Google’s SEO Starter Guide for the latest SEO best practices.
- Take advantage of social media. Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and Google+ all have benefits and advantages for promoting your business, your listings and getting new leads. While Facebook has the largest opportunities for communicating with consumers in a non-obtrusive way, Twitter has the largest penetration in the U.S., and Linkedin is the top social network for B2B marketing. Google+ combines Google My Business, offering you added SEO by placing you on Google Search, Google Maps and Google Local. If you’re a BizBuySell BrokerWorks member, you can share your listings with your Linkedin network. All you need to do is login to your BrokerWorks account, select “Networking Tools”, then click “Listing Distribution” and follow the onscreen instructions to get started.
- Be more visible on online. Having your business listed in online directories is a great way to increase visibility and get found. BizBuySell has the largest online directory of business brokers. Other powerful online directories include Yelp, Google, Bing, Yahoo, The Business Journals, Yellow Pages, Foursquare, Manta, Citysearch and dexknows. Plus, third party services, such as NeustarLocaleze.biz and Yext.com, can submit your listing to 100+ directories.
- Optimize your BrokerWorks directory profile. Are you making the most of your BrokerWorks profile? This is where buyers and sellers get their first impression of you and your professional qualifications. Broker profiles should show complete information, including your picture; company logo, tagline and website; experience and background; expertise and services offered; and professional affiliation.
- Upgrade to BrokerWorks Premium or BrokerWorks Elite. Depending on your local market, you may need added visibility to get recognized by buyers and sellers. BrokerWorks Elite offers top placement in up to 10 counties of the broker directory search results, gives you exclusive placement in rotation on BizBuySell’s home page, newsletters and business-for-sale search results, and includes 1 Showcase Plus Email credit per month. BrokerWorks Premium offers enhanced placement in up to 5 counties of the broker directory search results, gives exclusive placement in rotation on the business-for-sale search results, and includes 1 Showcase Plus Email credit per month. Visit BizBuySell to learn more about upgrading your membership to BrokerWorks Elite.
- Create great business-for-sale ads. One of the biggest obstacles to getting qualified leads is an incomplete or poorly written business-for-sale ad. Even if confidentiality is an issue, there are creative ways to overcome this. Your ads should not only be well-written, but also include all the pertinent information to attract qualified buyers, including key financials, great ad titles and descriptions, as well as visually appealing photos. Indicate seller financing, if available. To attract additional leads, consider adding a second category – it’s free! For more tips on writing a great business-for-sale ad, read our article, 5 Reasons Why Your Business for Sale Ad Isn’t Getting Any Responses.
- Consider listing upgrades when appropriate. For competitive markets, high value listings, or listings that need to sell quickly, you can benefit from powerful upgrades that generate more leads. Diamond ads are large, eye-catching ads that appear at the top of search results, include one BuyerBlast email each month and provide an additional reinforcement ad that appears further down the search results. Showcase Choice allows you to rotate multiple listings above basic ads in the search results as often as you desire. Showcase Plus Email lets you move a single ad ahead of basic ads, plus send one BuyerBlast email and receive a buyer prospect list. For more details about listing upgrades, login to your BrokerWorks and select “Marketing Tools”.
Follow these 7 steps and get off to a great start for the New Year. If you have any questions or need assistance, don’t hesitate to call us at (888) 777-9893 or email us at BizBuySell Client Services.