Seller Financing Available
East Tennessee Family Restaurant and Landmark - 75yr History
Restaurant operations and real estate offered for sale
• East Tennessee family restaurant and landmark since 1939
• 75 years of continuous operation
• 40+ years of uninterrupted profitability under current owner
• 2014 sales of $770,000; net cash flow of $182,000 before rent, or $122,000 as-if leased
• Sale price of $475,000 for restaurant operations only; underlying real estate also available for purchase
• Down payment as low as 10-15% with potential combination of SBA financing, seller financing and/or lease-back arrangements
• Opportunity to substantially increase net cash flow through addition of breakfast/Sunday operations (currently open six days, lunch and dinner only)
• Central location in historic downtown area of family-oriented, mid-sized city at the foothills of the beautiful Smoky Mountains
The Little Dutch Restaurant (“Little Dutch”) is being made available for sale to qualified buyers. The Little Dutch, a family-owned and operated restaurant in Morristown, Tennessee, has been a local landmark since 1939. The restaurant has been owned and operated by Mr. George Angelos and family of Morristown since 1973. Mr. Angelos is offering the restaurant operations and real estate for sale in connection with his planned retirement.
The Little Dutch (www.littledutchrestaurant.com) is a family restaurant that focuses on providing a variety of high-quality cuisine at a moderate price point. The restaurant enjoys an impeccable reputation throughout Morristown and the surrounding area as a result of its outstanding food, reasonable prices, personal service, and welcoming atmosphere. The loyalty and reputation that the Little Dutch enjoys in the community can be objectively measured through more than 40 years of uninterrupted profitability and a repeat customer base which accounts for an estimated 95% of total revenues.
The Little Dutch restaurant was recently featured on the PBS television show “Tennessee Crossroads”. A link to the brief video, which highlights the long history of the Little Dutch and its significance in the local community, can be found at www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_SeHAY7b0c.
Other key characteristics include:
o For the twelve months ended September 30, 2014 (reflecting current operations six days per week, lunch and dinner only):
o Sales of approximately $770,000
o Net Cash Flow to Owner of $182,000 (or Net Cash Flow As-If Leased of $122,000)
o 24% Cash Flow margin (or 16% as-if leased)
o Open for lunch and dinner Monday through Saturday; closed Sundays
o Average 270 customers per day (150 lunch / 120 dinner)
o Estimated 95% of total revenues from repeat customers
o Premier catering businesses for corporate and group events
o Alcoholic beverage sales currently include beer and wine only
o 180-guest dining room capacity
o Estimated 3,600 square feet of dining room area
o 60+ dedicated parking spaces
o $185,000 renovation completed in 2004
o Operations can be readily expanded to include breakfast, lunch, and dinner, seven days per week, with no additional capital investment and minimal incremental overhead, thus substantially enhancing profitability
o Potential to further enhance profitability through the addition of spirit sales
o Central location in historic downtown area of family-oriented, mid-sized city
The Little Dutch menu, available for review on the website, includes a variety of American, Italian, and other favorites for lunch and dinner and is widely regarded for its salad bar and soups.