Seller Financing Available
Profitable, Established Alterations & Dry Cleaning Pick-Up Store
Guaranteed Profitable Business
Priced to sale! Retiring. This pick-up & alterations cleaning store is well established and profitable. Has been in business since 1990, and is perfect for a future owner operator, especially someone who has alteration skills. The store is located on a major, high-traffic busy strip mall that has many parking spaces. Never advertised or marketed the store before. Existing customers are all regulars. POS system is in use for easy financial and record keeping transactions with the customers, and USPS establishment is right next door.
Ideal for a new business owner-operator or existing Dry Cleaner business looking to expand. This is a drop store, meaning no Dry Cleaning or Laundry is done on site. This makes it an easy business to operate for the "new to the business" individual. Just take in the clothes, send them out (Contracted cleaner picks & drops off the clothes, weekly) for cleaning, and collect the money! If you can do that, the business is on track to make about $120,000 in 2014. The current owner is generating this revenue even with her limited english skill and minimal alteration business intake.
The exact address is 3839 Pennsylvania Ave SE, 20020. It's a busy intersection on a major road. Never had a break-in or similar incident for the store. Located in the heart of Southeast Washington, DC, on the corner of Alabama Ave and Pennsylvania Ave, SE, the store is situated at the main commercial intersection in an emerging submarket within the Nation's Capital. The property enjoys outstanding visibility to cars passing by on Alabama Avenue and proximity to the District's major thoroughfares, offering convenient access for commuters and residents, alike, to the greater Washington, DC metro area. Local access to the site is provided by six different WMATA bus routes to three nearby stops.
Since 2007, current landlord has invested $3 million in capital to enhance the building's curb appeal and reduce occupancy costs to all tenants. This store presents a compelling opportunity, to a right buyer, to invest or operate in one of Washington, DC's emerging submarkets while enjoying increasing cash flow as the submarket continues to develop.
1. Alteration Income. Having a seamstress/alteration skills will greatly improve the net earnings ($10K +). Currently, the owner only services in minimal quantity due to her bad eye sight.
2. Customer Service. The current owner speaks very little english. Customer service can be dramatically improved and thus increase additional repeat customers and net income.
3. Engage in marketing/advertising campaign around the neighbor. No direct business competition exists in the area. Advertising was never done before.
4. Door to door Pick-up & Drop-off service. Customers inquire about it all the time.
5. Commercial and Military account. Military and business entity inquire about setting up a cleaning contract. However, due to her limited english and wanting to retire soon, she always digressed from those opportunities.
6. Apparels. Sell basic apparels, such as hats, t-shirts, socks, etc.