Seller Financing Available
Multi-Roaster Espresso Cafe in Historic Jacksonville
Being a small town barista is the best job in the world!
WHAT IS STIM COFFEE?
Located in the National Historic Landmark city of Jacksonville, Oregon, we are a third wave multi-roaster café, serving a rotating selection of the planet’s finest coffee and tea with an obsession for quality preparation and exceptional service.
We serve Stumptown Coffee every day, along with a weekly rotation of other well-known roasters like Coava, Ritual, Case, and Nossa Familia. These nationally-known roasters source only the finest beans and roast them to enhance and reveal the subtle origin-specific flavors that are missed by other mass production roasters like Starbucks.
We are the only café in Jacksonville with a fully organic, non-GMO menu of quiches, salads, flatbreads, scones, muffins, etc, all baked in our shop daily.
• Outstanding reputation and reviews
• Sound financial condition
• Growing customer base
• State-of-the-art equipment
• Fully developed brand identity, multiple logo variations, branded merch.
• Easy to buy – One person to deal with. No brokers. No partners
• Easy to run - turn key operation, systems make it easy to transition
• Easy to grow – roadmap for success, franchise possibility
Timeline: Opening day July 1, 2013 to July 1, 2014
• $97,874.25 - Gross Sales
• $8,156 - Average monthly sales (previous 12 months)
• 9.2% - Average Tip Rate
• $750 – Average monthly tips (electronic and cash)
• $53,493 – Total 12 mo. Labor Cost (fully staffed with owner not working)
• $4,157 - Average monthly labor and payroll tax
• Average monthly outsourced food prep cost $1000
• Average monthly net income: $440* (fully staffed with owner not working)
*Subject to agreement of treatment for “add backs” on P&L statement.
Stim Coffee is known as the premier multi-roaster coffee shop in Southern Oregon. We have won public accolades and 5 star reviews from foodies, winemakers, chefs, and coffee lovers. At least once every day, someone new comes in, tastes one of our espresso drinks, and proclaims that we have “the best coffee in Southern Oregon.”
• 4.5 stars out of 5 on Yelp
• 4.5 stars out of 5 on Urbanspoon
• 5 stars out of 5 on Tripadvisor
• 4.5 stars out of 5 on Facebook reviews
• 2,030 Facebook likes (#2 in Southern Oregon for coffee shops)
• 208 Instagram followers
When I started the business, I saw it as a part time job. My initial plan was to open from 8 am to Noon each day and keep things small and easy-going. My wife and I had another business we were running, and two small children to raise, but it was a dream of mine to be a small town merchant…plus I was nuts about Stumptown Coffee. Boy was I naïve about the hours! The response was overwhelming. Customers demanded that we open earlier and stay open later.
It got busy and I hired more staff because I couldn’t be in the shop all the time. Then our other business (sageveterinary.com) took off after we were profiled in the Medford Mail Tribune, and soon I was barely spending an hour a week working on Stim. So, in short, we are selling because our second business is taking all our time!
Make no mistake, for a café to thrive it usually must be run and closely monitored by an owner. Fortunately, we somehow ended up with an amazing group of people who treated the shop as if it were their own and helped us build the business to where it is today. But several of them will be moving on to school and other opportunities, leaving the perfect moment for a new owner to step in and bring their energetic presence to grow the business.
I’ve told everyone I know that being a barista, especially one who owns his or her own shop, is the best job on the planet. If you like talking to people, being creative, and making people smile with great food, drinks and service, this is the perfect job for you. And the more you work in the shop, the more money you will make and the better off your business will be.