Famous 25 year old successfull nurse & medical career school for sale
Great oportunity to own a for profit school in New York State.
New York, NY
For those who are not familiar with owning a for profit career School in the State of New York, I will give a brief summary of what is required to start from scratch.
1) To open a for profit career school, you have to be approved by The New York State Education Department, which is at least a two year process, and requires a great deal of time, paperwork and patience. You must also find a location which they will need to approve. You are required to be set up and ready to teach before you are approved (this can be one year).
2) If you are approved (most are not) you are given a two year license, and usually allowed to teach one class. After the two years, you are inspected, and if you pass are given a four year license. You are then inspected every four years.
3) After having a New York State approved school for at least two years, with a 900 hour program running for the same length of time, you can apply to become Nationally Accredited. This is a long and lengthy process. Myself, and most will tell you that this is the hardest process they have ever gone through. It will take two years, maybe more and there is no guarantee that you will be approved. The standards are now very strict.
4) Once yout accredited by the accrediting agency (there are a few), you can then apply to the Federal Department of Education, to be eligible to offer financial aid for students who qualify (title lV Pell and loans guaranteed by the Government). This is again a mini accreditation, not as long or as hard, but a lot of work.
5) If approved you are on two your probation and can teach one class, which offers financial aid, for a period of two years. After the two years you are reviewed, and if you pass the review, (the results take about a year) you are then allowed to teach more classes which offer financial aid, and you are allowed to branch the school to another State.
By buying my school, you are saving at least 5 years of work. Currently I offer short cash programs (students pay out of pocket) and financial aid eligable long programs. Besides Title lV funds I also recieve other Government programs, such as GI, VESID, I can issue student visa's. Many others which I only need to apply for, but as I have enough students I never bothered.
I have applied to offer several other classes, which could have the school doing over 10 million dollars per year in a very short time, You can also expand to another Boro, or State.