The BizBuySell Small Business Community

  • Get Expert Advice

  •  • Find Local Service Professionals

  •  • Share Your Experiences

Joe Johnson

Joe Johnson

Business Consultant
New York County, NY

About Me

My goal is to simplify the licensing process for you, so that you are able to focus on your business plan and direct your attention on the multitude list of demands required while opening an eating and drinking establishment in New York. I am able to anticipate what is needed and will provide a professional and friendly working relationship. Our complete; including all elements or aspects of services is designed to save you time and money through a “One-Stop-Shopping” platform. I will guide and direct all of your required paperwork and filings, including: -- Applying for a new liquor license -- Renewing a liquor license -- Transferring a liquor license -- Any and all alteration applications, corporate changes, change in method of operation, upgrade of liquor license, and petition for removal of liquor license -- Proper notification to local Community Board, local municipalities as well as representation -- Health permit applications and renewals -- Enclosed and unenclosed sidewalk cafe applications and renewals -- Formation of corporations and LLCs -- Obtaining tax identification numbers (EIN) and certificates of authority to collect sales. CONSULTING WITH TOP LAW FIRM TO INSURE PROFESSIONAL SERVICES!!!!! Helping Lawyers and Law firms with Licensing needs. So they can focus on multitudes of legal matters!!! Planning to Apply for a Liquor License If you plan to apply for a license, be prepared to provide the essential information for the SLA Examiner needs to complete the review and issue your license. This includes details about where you have lived and worked for the past 10 years. It also includes information about the business will be financed. Typically, you will need to supply copies of leases, purchase contracts, loan documents, gift letters/affidavits, 5 months bank statements for an account where money was taken to purchase the business, purchase or rent the location and pay the business expenses. Your sources of funds have to be properly documented from savings, equity loans, gifts from relatives or friends, etc. You collect the necessary documents, we will complete the paperwork and file the application for a reasonable fee. We come to your location and prepare the application, take the necessary photos of the premises; prepare the layout diagrams of the interior and exterior of your premises. We apply for your license the old fashion way. We file it correctly. We will: • Provide a Free Pre-application consultation and evaluation of your liquor / ABC license needs. • Advise the correct license or Permit for your application • Conduct an on-site survey • Complete premises diagrams • Block diagrams • Frontal elevation • Take the appropriate photos and format to SLA specifications • Municipal Notice • Proximity report • Demographic study • Legal notices • Obtain a penal bond • Complete a correct application with appropriate documentation • File your application promptly • Continuous status follow-up Expediter, Brand Ambassador - Tracy Jong Law Firm RESTAURANT, WINERY & LIQUOR LAW Firm helps entrepreneurs in the New York hospitality industry (restaurants, franchises, wineries, bars, nightclubs, bed and breakfasts, country clubs, microbreweries, wine stores, liquor stores, catering establishments, and alcohol retail markets). Our clients need an attorney familiar with the regulatory environment and business practices in their industry. We can help you to keep your business running smoothly, and guide you as you plan for growth.


Bars/Taverns, Convenience Stores, Liquor Stores, Restaurants

Start a Discussion