Established Pack & Ship Store / Top-Tier Money Transfer Agent
Independent Pack & Ship with UPS, FedEx, DHL & USPS + Western Union
Why pay a franchise fee of 8.5% of GROSS SALES when you can keep it all?
Postal Center USA is a “pack & ship” store, in business from this location since 1998. The seller has owned the store since 2004.
The two most important points to grasp in the unusual value of this business are:
1. $40,000+ in annual Western Union commissions, with zero cost of goods.
2. An extremely strong, high visibility location with exceptional goodwill.
The store is centrally located at 141 Memorial Parkway, Randolph MA 02368. It is 1 minute from both state routes 28 and 139 and under 5 minutes from state route 24.
The store is in a busy, well maintained shopping center with abundant free parking. It is immediately adjacent to Shaw’s Supermarket and across the street from Randolph High School, giving it superb visibility.
The plaza is anchored by Shaw's Supermarket and Rite-Aid Pharmacy. It also contains Eastern Bank, Papa Gino’s as well as a Vietnamese restaurant, jeweler, optometrist, beauty supply, nail salon and frozen yogurt businesses.
According to the cash register, the customer count was 40,197 for 2013, which is an average of 133 paying customers per business day.
In addition, there are well over 100 customers per day who come to the store to drop off mail and other packages - these are not represented in cash register counts.
The store is not a franchise. While there are several other stores of the same name, look and feel scattered around New England, the only fee paid is $50 / year for a shared website at www.PostalCenterUSA.com. The store pays no fees or commissions to outside entities of any kind.
While we intentionally have the appearance of a franchise operation, each location is independently owned and operated - none are franchises.
The store enjoys income from the following sources:
Computer rental (2 rental stations with printers)
* Fax send and receive / document scanning
Miscellaneous gift ware
* Commissions - Western Union Wire Transfer
* Commissions - Western Union Money Order
* Notary Public
* Mailbox Rental
FedEx, UPS, DHL & Postage fees
Envelope & Office Supplies
Boxes and packing Materials
Phone Cards / Physical & electronic
Passport & ID Photos
Printing - business cards, brochures, etc
* Drop-off fees
Vending & Candy
(* no cost of goods or additional personnel required)
It is important to note that the store is a UPS Authorized Shipping Outlet (ASO), and the account can be transferred with the sale of the business.
Since about 2009, UPS has not allowed any independent store an ASO account, unless it is located more than 15 miles from the nearest The UPS Store. The only way to get an ASO account is to buy a The UPS Store or grandfathered franchise. The ability to ship via *all* carriers gives customers more choice.
- Freight. Ocean and Air Freight represent a substantial income potential.
- Printing. Capitalize on the store’s excellent trade accounts to provide a wide variety of printing services, without capital equipment.
- Labor / materials charges. The store has a history of undercharging for labor and materials.
- Transponder Car keys. With an investment of ~$5,000, the store can be in the business of copying transponder car keys, supplementing existing key duplication income. Expect profits of at least $50.00 per key.
- LifeLine cell phone sales / upgrades.
- Ink jet / toner cartridges.
- Selective price increases, i.e., Mailbox rental, which has not increased since 2011.
- Increase price of money orders.
- Computer and cell phone repair.
- Increase document shredding sales with external marketing.
- eBay sales - list items for others.
- African giftware & scented oils.
- Increase hours open.
- Mobile Notary Public
*NOTE - Gross Income includes Western Union commission only - not amounts transmitted.