Florist in Popular CO town, 80K Earn Price reduced to only 2X E
Florist in Popular CO Western town 80K Earn Price reduced to only 2X Earnings
Glenwood Springs, CO
Big price reduction for 50 Year Old FLOWER STORE THAT DOMINATES THEIR MARKET
A very special Full Service Flower Store that is right in the middle of the currently being revitalized tourist area of beautiful Glenwood Springs, CO. The owners health is deteriorating and needs to sell. This is our 2nd price drop. It is now priced at just 2 times the earnings.
Glenwood Springs is One of the most Beautiful and Fastest Growing communities in the Country.
2015 had revenues of $261,935 with adjusted earnings of $80,117. The growth has been fairly steady at 5% a year until this year. The owners are husband and wife and she has had serious health issues that have caused them to slow down this year(2016) and decide to sell the business. For example, they quit soliciting weddings this year because of the work involved and have pulled back dramatically on their wire service orders.
The owners are husband and wife whom will help in transition and will be retiring. They have owned the store for 22 years.
The non-disclosure agreement(NDA) link is: http://companybroker.com/buyer-profile-jeff.htm which will get you the full sales package and name and location of the company. If it is blue you should be able to click on it, if not please cut and paste that to a URL line and it will give you the NDA. Please request the full sales package containing a detailed Data Room with financials and a Comprehensive Video on the entire operation and a full interview with the owner by clicking on the secure web link to the Confidentiality Agreement (CA). If you have any questions or comments on the CA please email me at email@example.com or call me at 303-905-7607. Thank you.
The new owner will have several ways to continue to grow the business which the owners would be happy to discuss with you. They recommend dumping FTD and creating a custom website and hiring a salesperson to call on event centers, wedding/event planners, businesses, etc. which they have never had. They have relied on their location and reputation.
It is a very positive work environment for either an individual or a family business. This business will not change the day after a new buyer becomes involved. The company has a prime location and with internet sales, established accounts, and a great reputation the new owner will walk into an established business that can continue to grow. In the owners words, “a new owner can benefit from the operation and pursue additional expansion opportunities.”
Location: Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Sales Price just lowered $25K to $164,000 plus the owners cost for the fresh flower Inventory on hand at the day of closing. The Sales Price includes $30,000 of current value equipment that includes 1 brand new van, $10,000 of merchandise, POS system, and all equipment and furniture. This business may qualify for a bank and/or SBA loan based on the size of its assets and profitable history. For more specific information, simply email Jeff Chapman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The owners are trustworthy people that enthusiastically want to find and support a new owner for continued success. They are a married couple who both work full time at the business.
The revenues are from online sales from their website, walk in traffic, a large customer base, monthly/weekly accounts, wedding/event planners, referrals, recurring contracted work which comes from business, hospitals, funeral homes, event facilities, and an online “wire service” that sends them orders which they can chose to fill or not based on each orders potential profitability. There are 5 main sources of revenue:
1) Location driven walk in traffic: Please find the link to the data room above to see a video walk through of the store and interview with the owners. The store is in a perfect location in the middle of a high traffic area(both foot and car) with ample parking and surrounded by other retailers. It is a central area of a very fast growing old Colorado Town with a lot of tourism. Tourists buy the front of the store merchandise which needs to be updated. Stuffed animals, chocolate, local gifts, etc should be added to the front of the store for the tourist seasons because it sells and is very profitable. The front of the store could use an update. Plus, the town has very aggressive plans to improve the area they are in which has already started.
2) Online: The on-line sales volume continues to increase based on their website and the use of the “wire service” that sends orders to them every day. The company has sold on-line for 8 Years and has a user friendly website that is not search engine optimized. The owner has stated how exciting and profitable the growth in this area has increasingly become and there is still strong potential for additional sustainable future growth.
3) Business/Residential contracted recurring deliveries: These are the companies and customers that they deliver fresh flowers to on a regular and continuous basis which range from high end homes/businesses that wants fresh flowers every week to hospitals that they deliver to daily. This is one of the areas with a lot of potential to grow significantly. Hiring a commission based sales associate(s) to include business as their prospects would be a great way to increase the recurring non-holiday, high margin sales. They have not solicited businesses to rotate in fresh flower or plants and to maintain this for recurring revenues. This is an opportunity for the new owner.
4) Holidays: This will naturally grow as the business continues to grow. They are as busy as they can be with the orders that come naturally to them on Holidays but could easily add temporary staff if the new owner wanted to advertise more to take advantage of these. This is where they make most of their money.
5) Event & Venue Coordinators & Planners: These are the people that coordinate large events and rely on hand picking the best people and companies to make them look good because they have delivered on their promises for their customers. This company has very dedicated employees that do a great job of filling special orders for the people that coordinate big events and venues. Again, hiring a commission based sales associate(s) would be a great way to increase the recurring non-holiday, high margin sales by introducing them to more of these people.
Each of these sources of revenue are profitable but can be increased.
Marketing, Advertising, and Growth Potential: The company has done very little pro-active marketing. The company does have a customer email data base which is an inexpensive means of advertising that continues to grow. Owner does not do mass emailing and runs no specials or discounts to bring in new customers. Customers shopping in the retail stores are generally happy to provide their email addresses. They are in the yellow pages and have brochures and a nice website. A new owner could add a salesperson who should be commission based. They believe the salesperson will be successful because they are the only full service flower shop in Glenwood Springs and have won many awards and accolades which will help the sales effort to be more effective.
Employees: The employees love what they do. The company employs several part time employees and adds some temporary employees for the holidays. They also have an arrangement with the Kiwanis Club that provides labor and vehicles for the high volume holidays in exchange for the delivery fee. This is a win win and has been going on for almost 15 years allowing them to handle the large volume of sales during those holidays while keeping their cost of vehicles and employees down. This relationship will continue because the owners have already discussed the potential sale with their contacts at these organizations.
Competition: There has been competition but the company has maintained the largest market share of their market for the entire 22 years they have owned it. They have won the locals choice award for “Best Florist” for 18 years in a row.
Retail Store and Storage Facility Leases: The current retail store lease is up on December of 2016 and the new owner will have to negotiate their own lease upon taking over the business but the owners don’t believe that there will be any issues. It is only $1,200 per month.
The owners will help with a positive, supported, and successful transition of the business. The owners are very interested in seeing the business prosper. The hard work is done and has proved the test of time. The seller will offer full warranties, indemnifications, and further states there have not been any legal or other issues of any kind nor are the owners aware of any items pending. This is a rewarding, positive, profitable business and industry and could be an ideal fit for the right individual or family to acquire. It is a fun business that fits an active positive “lifestyle”.
Glenwood Springs has been rated the most active and fun city in America. The weather is great with sun over 300 days a year. It has some of the best skiing in the world 45 minutes away in Vail and Aspen, class 3 rafting, hiking, an adventure park with roller coasters, etc, all types of motor sports, world class hunting and fishing, etc. Please see the following links to learn more: http://www.visitglenwood.com/ http://www.glenwoodchamber.com/ http://www.ci.glenwood-springs.co.us/
Thank you for your consideration.
Jeff Chapman Eisnaugle
Company Broker Group, LLC.
This is prepared by Company Broker Group with information provided by the Seller. It was not created by the seller and neither the Broker or the Seller are responsible for its accuracy. Buyers are responsible for their own due diligence. Neither the Broker or the Seller will indemnify or guarantee any forward looking statements or projections.
Different Brokerage relationships are available which include Seller agency, buyer agency, or transaction – brokerage.
Brokerage disclosure to Buyer or Tenant of Property. Definition of working relationships.
Seller's Agent: a seller's agent works solely on behalf of the seller to promote the interests of the seller with the utmost good faith, loyalty, and fidelity. The agent negotiates on behalf of and ask as an advocate for the seller. The seller's agent must disclose to potential buyers all adverse material facts actually known by the seller's agent about the business/property. A separate written listing agreement is required which sets forth the duties and obligations of the broker and the seller.
Buyer’s Agent: a buyer’s agent works solely on behalf of the buyer to promote the interests of the buyer with the utmost good faith, loyalty and fidelity. The agent negotiates on behalf of an accident advocate for the buyer. The buyer’s agent must disclose to all potential sellers all adverse material facts actually known by the buyer’s agent, including the buyer’s financial ability to perform the terms of the transaction. A separate written by a Buyer agreement is required which sets forth the duties and obligations of the broker and the buyer.
Transaction broker: the transaction broker assist the buyer or seller or both throughout a real estate transaction by performing terms of any written or oral agreement, fully informing the parties, presenting all offers and assisting parties with any contracts, including the closing of the transaction, without being an agent or advocate for any of the parties. A transaction-broker must use reasonable skill and care and the performance of any oral or written agreement, and must make the same disclosures as agents about all adverse material facts actually known by the transaction – broker concerning the property or a buyer's financial ability to perform the terms of a transaction and whether the buyer intends to occupy the property. No written agreement is required.
Company Broker Group, LLC, and Jeff Chapman Eisnaugle will be operating solely as a “Seller Agent” in all transactions.