What is a Wild Bird Center?
A Wild Bird Center store is a specialty retail shop offering a complete line of products to help customers enjoy wild birds and foster a healthy backyard habitat.
Our stores sell top-quality birdseed and private-label seed blends that are field-tested and proven to attract a wide variety of wild birds. In addition to an extensive selection of private label feeders, birdbaths, nest boxes and other bird feeding products, Wild Bird Center stores offer an exciting variety of backyard and nature-oriented gifts and books, plus an additional range of binoculars and garden supplies.
What does the Wild Bird Centers have to offer me as a franchise?
With a franchise from the Wild Bird Centers of America, Inc., you will join over 80 other stores nationwide in creating bird sanctuaries one yard at a time. We get you off to a quick start with our proven and successful program which includes:
At the Wild Bird Centers of America, Inc., we are committed to quality and are in no hurry to simply open stores. We take special pride in each of our franchisees and we receive the greatest satisfaction from helping you develop a successful business in your chosen community.
- Store placement and design package. In close association with our franchisees, we select the best spot available for the store, aid in lease negotiation as well as offer a complete design and fixture package that makes coming to your store an experience customers want to enjoy again and again.
- Pre-Opening and On-Going Support. Everything including site selection, store design, training, operating procedures, on-going management support and marketing assistance are integral parts of the WBCA system.
- Comprehensive Training. A key factor that differentiates our franchise program from an independent start-up business is training. WBCA teaches franchisees how to run their store in a manner most effective for a Wild Bird Center retail business. We eliminate common mistakes most owners face when opening a new business plus provide new owners with key knowledge and a sense of security.
- Exclusive pricing on products and services. By joining WBCA, many start-up costs that come with a new business can be lowered, whether product or business-related. Banks are also more willing to loan capital because of their confidence in our proven franchise business model.
- Cutting-Edge Marketing. WBCA makes it easy for you to stay on top of key marketing strategies to help promote your store through our web-to-print portal, Flying Colors. Our online marketing center features designs and templates, ready artwork and messages with custom capabilities for your direct mail efforts. WBCA hosts a high-impact website which includes a store package where you can customize your individual store website. We also distribute press releases on a monthly basis through internet distribution methods to keep the Wild Bird Center name in the public eye.
- WBCA's Community. WBCA's Intranet allows all stores to communicate with each other, download resources and check sales results. Among other valuable features, this site includes discussion forums, information on special purchasing opportunities exclusively for WBCA franchisees, information on new products, sales results and many other features to give each Wild Bird Center owner a window into the industry and materials to help them succeed.
Now is the time to act! Contact our home office by submitting the form below to confirm your interest and arrange a follow-up call with our Franchise Development Department. These steps allow us to become better acquainted with each other, to fully answer your questions and address factors unique to your market and personal situation.
We are delighted that you have decided to explore this opportunity with us and we welcome your questions and comments. We look forward to helping your dreams take flight!
Special Financing Available in Select Markets
WBCA has identified target markets with high-potential for new franchisees. If you are in one of these areas, special financial incentives are available to qualified applicants. Contact us today for details!