Never Tasted So Good!
Guests have been enjoying the great taste of Port of Subs' sandwiches for over 35 years. In 1972, two brothers from New Jersey opened a modest submarine sandwich shop in Sparks, Nevada called the “Sub Shop”. John Larsen, a Public Accountant who had been advising the Sub Shop owners, seized the opportunity and purchased the business in 1975. After taking the helm, Larsen sponsored a community-wide contest to choose a new name. In a review of more than 10,000 contest entries, Port of Subs was born.
Today, Port of Subs has over 140 restaurants and is expanding throughout the West. We have stayed true to our beginnings and still make each sandwich fresh to order as our guests look on.
A Brilliant Idea...Sliced Fresh
Top quality meats and cheeses, baked fresh breads, zesty dressings and spices are used in every restaurant.
Our master slicers ensure that your sandwich is sliced fresh and made to order. "We slice it fresh, because sliced fresh is better!"
Your Recipe for Success:
- Over 35 years in business, over 140 restaurants and growing.
- Simple operations, clean environments.
- Strong Franchisee community, many of which have been in the business for years.
- Join us for a Preview Day wherein you will spend a day at a Port of Subs restaurant where you observe and participate in the sandwich business for a day. You learn about operations, marketing, and what makes our great system work!
- In areas where we have corporate restaurants, we have a program which will encourage you to work for us and thoroughly learn the business while you locate, design and build your restaurant.
- Due to the many healthy options, the sandwich category has become the fastest-growing segment of the restaurant industry. We are primarily a lunch business, and most all people eat lunch out!
Sandwich's Best-Kept Secret...
The industry recognizes Port of Subs as one of the top franchising opportunities.
- Entrepreneur Magazines “Franchise 500”
- Restaurants and Institutions “Top 400”
- Port of Subs is a member of the International Franchise Association.
- Port of Subs has the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) stamp of approval.