Joan Young, President of Sunbelt of the Greater Bay Area, has been helping buyers and sellers since 1980. With franchising as Joan’s major focus at the time, it was a natural expansion to add business brokerage for her clients.
In 2000 Joan had the opportunity to start Sunbelt Business Brokerage in Santa Clara County. There were then 18 other Sunbelt offices in California. Since Joan had been working with and sharing office space with a leading Mergers and Acquisition company for nine years, she knew the industry well and liked the idea of having the association with a very strong business brokerage name. Sunbelt now has over 28 offices in California.
Since opening the first office in 2000, Sunbelt of the Greater Bay Area has grown with eight highly competent business brokers, a highly respected office manager/IT specialist, and a creative business development director. Young has offices in San Jose as well as Pleasanton. Additional territory was purchased, so now Sunbelt of the Greater Bay area services most of the Greater San Francisco Bay Area.
San Bernardino, CA
Santa Barbara, CA
South San Francisco, CA
Established and profitable expedited trucking business. They provide ocean and air freight services as well as deliveries in the greater San Francisco Bay Area with a strong client base. Their trucks have low mileage and all equipment is in excellent condition. The business was started in 1999, has a strong history of profitability and offers many avenues for increased profits. Bring your desire to work and your business development skills to this outstanding opportunity.
Los Angeles County, CA
Fresno County, CA
Santa Clara County, CA
Los Angeles, CA
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE BUSINESS FOR SALE:
• Asset Based temperature controlled logistics company with Cold Storage Warehouse capabilities– One of the important growth segments of the transportation services industry can be purchased at reduced price.
• Comprehensive and technology controlled operations for better customer satisfaction and online information in real time
• Demand is driven by population demographics, advanced technology, and the need for precise temperature controlled shipping
• Cutting Edge customer service software for customer orders and billing information
• A Branded and Established Base of Prestigious Accounts
• Business: Temperature Controlled Transportation, a Sub S corp.
• Location: Southern California in Los Angeles area
• Service Area: California; Arizona; Nevada; and Utah
• Revenue: Estimated 2014 $4+MM
• Seller’s Discretionary Earnings (SDC): Estimated 2014 $500,000 - $600,000; updated financials mid September
• Price: $1,650,000
• Accounting Period: Calendar year
• Founded: 1980s
• Reason for Sale: Retirement and other business interests
• Employees: 36
For sale is a growing asset based temperature controlled warehousing and transportation company that has been in business for over 30 years based in Southern California and doing business in the southwestern U.S. It is family owned and operated with success tied to the outstanding and cost-effective service with long-term customers they have cultivated over many years.
They are known for aggressive rates, timely deliveries, personalized services, customer useful software, and sensitivity to their customers’ profit margins with a wide diversity of highly branded customers.
As an asset based company that owns their own CARB certified equipment and resources; they are able to control their ability to deliver high quality solutions. It also allows the operation teams to access all information relating to job sites and to request information directly from field operations using Tailwinds software for Customers.
Many trucks are equipped with GPS technology that allow for two-way communication and updates. The benefits allow for complicated delivery programs and full awareness about the shipment. This also ties into online access to information so the customer can know all information about progress of the shipment.
Temperature controlled transportation includes both air and ocean distribution in addition to long-term storage of products. Many of their products either originate in Europe or are shipped there.
The company is based in Southern California and services Northern California and other states including Arizona, Nevada, and Utah.
For more information please contact Mike Mesenbrink
Northern California, CA
Thank you for signing up for the BizBuySell bulletin.
Sign up for the BizBuySell Bulletin and get advice on:
You can opt out of the BizBuySell Bulletin at any time.
Get free alerts via email when new businesses are listed matching your California Storage & Warehousing search criteria.
Reveal hidden alerts and unlock advanced features on search results and detail pages to help you find the perfect business.
Premium Members also get valuable insight into the buying process via our
video series, access to our advanced
business search agent, and more!