Sold over 500 businesses in my 35-year+ career as a business broker! Don't be distracted by the current BizBuySell tabulations, which record only my recent, Colorado-based and publicly-reported sales and listings on BizBuySell. I have worked in 3 states and also coach business brokers and business owners nationwide.
I'd like to think that I am a well-connected individual broker who offers to put my systems, teamwork and track record to work for you!.
Systems: Business coaching and selling the way it should be done!
• Valuation Systems - Helping clients establish and defend business values – both enterprise market values and a business owner’s core values – are my specialties.
• Confidentiality Systems - Preserving confidentiality is an everyday procedure for me. I know how to camouflage the identity of businesses and business owners and guard proprietary information.
• Marketing & Resourcing Systems - A coordinated and on-going campaign to sell businesses, coupled with a wide variety of coaching assignments, benefits all of my clients.
• Screening & Qualifying Systems - Screening and qualifying buyer prospects is what I do for business seller clients. Screening and qualifying new ideas and trends is what I do for coaching clients.
• Negotiation & Closing Systems - Focused agenda-setting grows and sells businesses. It also addresses frustrations by clarifying alternative choices. I am clear about my role as a broker and/or coach.
Teamwork: Business coaching and selling the way you want it done!
• Cooperation & Collaboration - I harness the "wisdom of the crowd" for my clients. I encourage teamwork with other business intermediaries and professionals.
• Knowledge - I am well connected to world-wide experts and resources. Check me out on LinkedIn. I'm at www.LinkedIn.com/in/glencooper.
• Experience - My many co-experts and go-to resources are grounded in the real world of business ownership.
• Accessibility- You can’t miss me if you’re searching for a Colorado business connection! You can find me - and so can prospective business buyers!
Track Record: Business coaching and selling the way it is done!
• Over 35 Years of Selling & Coaching - I can give you plenty of references. You can also check me out online.
• Best Marketing Materials for Clients - My "Offering Summaries" are acclaimed as "the best!" No kidding.
How Do I Sell Businesses?
1. My Commitment to a Full-Time, Coordinated Sales Campaign
• Targeting, telemarketing and daily contact with buyer prospects and multiple referral sources
• Active participation in multiple business-for-sale networks and websites
• Regular “How to” seminars, webinars, workshops and talks to civic and professional groups
• Daily sharing with networks of professionals, business buyer prospects and other business owners
• Developed systems for effective and efficient marketing campaigns
2. I Prepare a Professional “Offering Summary” on Your Business-For-Sale Known Nationally as “the Best”
• Coordination with you, the seller client, to produce a high quality marketing presentation
• Helps clarify what’s important—a specific story and specific numbers
• Nationally acclaimed in The Business Broker by IBBA Founder Tom West
3. I am "Fussy" about Organizational Systems and Confidentiality Procedures
• Office set-up to handle buyer qualification and confidentiality for clients
• Buyer registration process to gather information and screen prospects
• Creative marketing and sales systems to get businesses sold
4. I have a Contact Manager Database of Buyers Ready to Buy
• Active, registered and pre-qualified buyer prospects already looking and ready to buy
• Knowledge of where buyer prospects are in their search process
• Regular contact with this database
5. I am an Active User of Social Media
• Active use of business multiple listing sites.
• Individual brokers connected through social networking and affinity sites, such as LinkedIn.com, Facebook.com
• Website (Used only as an online brochure on purpose)
• Your confidentiality maintained through “blind” listings
6. I Network with Selected Brokers and Other Intermediaries*
• Provide packages and information to other competent business brokers and intermediaries
• Offer of generous fee sharing terms
7. I Offer Special Targeting and Telemarketing
• Targeting and telemarketing efforts to reach large numbers of potential prospects
• Searches for prospects in related fields
A business broker who is ALSO a business coach can offer unique assistance to buyers and sellers! My 35+ years experience as a business broker, appraiser and coach makes a big difference. Check me out here or at www.Linkedin/in/glencooper.
What Is A Business Broker / Business Coach?
A business broker helps small business owners sell their businesses. This is a mostly-confidential business involving the valuation and marketing of firms, run by owner-operators, with typical sales transaction sizes under $10 million. To be a successful business broker requires a unique combination of analytical, financial and sales skills.
A business coach helps business owners build valuable businesses. Most business coaches, however, come from – and work for – large corporations as “executive coaches.” Only a few know about – or can coach – the owner-operators of small businesses. A great coach knows how to ask probing questions, listen to the answers and help a client gain clarity about any issue - and move forward!
The combined skills of a successful business broker and coach – the analytical, financial, sales, listening and questioning abilities – can provide powerful counsel and/or coaching to a business owner AND to a porspective business buyer.
I sell small businesses and coach small business owners and small business buyers. I am unique among my peers. I am a credentialed and highly successful business broker of long standing, as well a creative and innovative business and professional coach, now practicing independently in Denver, Colorado.
I was a Certified Business Intermediary (CBI) (2006-2013) and a Fellow of the International Business Brokers Association (IBBA)(2008-2013). I was also a Certified Business Appraiser (CBA) (1984-2011) and Business Valuator Accredited for Litigation (BVAL) (1999-2011) from the Institute of Business Appraisers, as well as a Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) (1985-1993) of the National Association of Realtors, a designation for expertise in commercial and investment real estate. I maintained all those designations when I ran a large business brokerage firm in New England. I sold that firm in 2010, moved back to my original home state of Colorado. I now practice as a sole practitioner by choice. I also quit paying all of those dues for all of those designations to simplify my life and better balance my checkbook! :-}
I have now simplified my practice too - it's now just business brokerage and coaching. I am active in the Colorado Chapter of the International Coach Federation (ICF) and the Colorado Association of Business Intermediaries (CABI). My website is www/GlenCooperColorado.com.
- Denver County, CO
- Jefferson County, CO
- Arapahoe County, CO
- Broomfield County, CO
- Adams County, CO
- Boulder County, CO
- Weld County, CO
- Larimer County, CO
- Gilpin County, CO
- Clear Creek County, CO
- I was a Certified Business Intermediary (CBI) (2006-2013) and a Fellow of the International Business Brokers Association (IBBA)(2008-2013). I was also a Certified Business Appraiser (CBA) (1984-2011) and Business Valuator Accredited for Litigation (BVAL) (1999-2011) from the Institute of Business Appraisers, as well as a Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) (1985-1993) of the National Association of Realtors, a designation for expertise in commercial and investment real estate.
I maintained all those designations when I ran a large business brokerage firm in New England. I sold that firm in 2010, moved back to my original home state of Colorado. I now practice as a sole practitioner by choice. I also quit paying all of those dues for all of those designations to simplify my life and better balance my checkbook! :-}
I have now simplified my practice too - it's now just business brokerage and coaching. I am active in the Colorado Chapter of the International Coach Federation (ICF) and the Colorado Association of Business Intermediaries (CABI). I am also a licensed real estate broker in Colorado for those transactions that involve real estate interests. My coaching website is www/GlenCooperColorado.com. My business brokerage is all on www.BizBuySell.com and on www.CABI.org.
Established Businesses For Sale