The AFG Sales Process – we represent quality businesses. Confidentiality is always paramount.
Evaluation Process (Contact us to see if you qualify for a complimentary fair market evaluation)
Marketing your business
Working with Buyers and Negotiating the Sale
The Due Diligence Process
1. Introductory Meeting. The purpose of the introductory meeting is to introduce us and our services while getting to know you, your business, answer all your questions and address the concerns you have in order for us to achieve your goals. This is just the beginning of developing your trust in us, as we seek to gain and keep your trust throughout the entire process. We understand what you have accomplished is significant and highly respect the risk you take in obtaining the services of our firm. AFG strives to do what it takes to make you our most important Client. Our goal is to ensure that the process goes as smooth as possible for you and keeping you informed each step of the way. We begin each relationship with the following goal in mind: Even more valuable than the fees collected at the end of the day is the satisfaction knowing that you have received excellent service, would not hesitate to refer us to associates and that the experience was mutually rewarding on a personal level.
2. Evaluation Process. While some firms outsource their evaluations, we have the expertise to complete the evaluations in house. In addition to our extensive accounting expertise, AFG also has extensive market knowledge and transactional experience to properly value your business. AFG has one of the highest sale price to asking price ratios in the industry and one of the highest sold to listing ratio as well.
3. Marketing Your Business: PROPERLY MARKETING AND REPRESENTING YOUR BUSINESS WILL ALWAYS GAIN THE HIGHEST PRICE/TERMS AND/OR BEST OFFER. Keeping in mind confidentiality at all phases of this process, AFG will tailor a specific plan for your business. Marketing your business could include any of the following: “blind” internet advertising, reaching out to our existing buyers in our database, strategic (and blind) marketing to selected companies that would benefit from an acquisition, trade publication (blind) advertising, etc. AFG develops an attractive marketing portfolio to give prospects a professional image of your business.
4. Working with Buyers and Negotiating the Sale. AFG works closely with prospective buyers who show an interest in the companies we represent. While buyers are interested in taking a long look at the companies we represent, we take a long look at the buyers to ensure they are QUALIFIED to make the acquisition. Although anyone can sign a Confidentiality Statement, we take great strides to ensure that only those buyers who we deem to have exceptional character and level of professionalism are shown our companies. Our goal is to provide as many qualified buyers as possible for your business and to generate multiple, simultaneous interest in order to generate competition for your business, therefore resulting in the highest price possible. Just as we work hard to gain and maintain your trust, we do the same for buyers. Gaining trust with buyers is a natural byproduct of doing business professionally and ethically with superior customer service. Earning trust with our Clients and buyers allows for a smooth transition as Sellers and Buyers work to develop trust in each other. This potentially challenging process is made easy at AFG since both sides are portrayed in an accurate manner. Once all the groundwork has been laid, AFG will work with interested buyers to complete either a Letter of Intent or a Purchase Agreement. Knowing what is “usual and customary” with respect to terms and other elements of the PA help ensure the process is efficient and respectful.
Keep in mind our motto: “Represent each Client with the Highest Positive Regard” and develop buyers who will be extremely fortunate to be able to purchase your business. Typical terms of the Purchase Agreement that AFG negotiates on your behalf besides price and payment terms include tax allocation, training through transition and beyond, etc. Additionally, AFG works closely with your Attorney to limit, to the extent possible, your legal liabilities pre- and post- closing.
In order to help ensure a successfully completed transaction for our Clients, AFG offers buyers extensive services including assisting with Premises & Equipment Lease Assignments, Loan Packaging and selection of Financial Institutions, Insurance and CPA referrals.
5. The Due Diligence (Buyer Inspection) Process. Due to the extensive level of commitment AFG serves their clients, we have a very deep understanding of our Client operations and relationships with key vendors, customers, employees, etc. Additionally, because of our willingness to ask the tough questions during the evaluation stage, we are able to handle a significant amount of questions and inquiries from buyers and their team of advisors. We go to great lengths to oversee and facilitate attorney and CPA inspections of our Client Companies. Our Clients are very impressed with how smooth this process goes considering all the potential pitfalls that could occur during due diligence.
6. The Closing Process. Once a Purchase Agreement has been structured and mutually agreed, AFG works with you throughout the due diligence process while preparing you for the myriad of details that need to take place prior to and after closing. Some of the many details include equipment and premises lease assignments, budgeting for payment of all liabilities (including accrued vacation pay and payroll taxes), accounting and planning for jobs in process and accounts receivable transition. AFG prides itself in ensuring that our Clients have a clear understanding about the order of closing including final closing documents, the exchange of money and the appropriate time to share news of the sale to various internal and external parties.
Welcome to The Almo Financial Group. We can also be found at Almofinancial.com. Please call us at (602) 692-2650
Almo Financial is a locally-owned business sales & acquisition firm that specializes in the sale of private, family held, high quality lower-middle market businesses with annual revenues under $10 million and sell as much as $5,000,000.
We practice with the highest level of confidentiality and professionalism; after all, our reputation depends on it. At AFG, we treat our all people with courtesy and integrity. Our consistent track record of uncompromising ethics instills confidence and trust within all we interact.
WHY DO BUSINESS OWNERS CONSIDERING THE SALE OF THEIR BUSINESS PREFER THE ALMO FINANCIAL GROUP? CONFIDENTIALITY. EXPERIENCE. KNOWLEDGE. PREPARATION. AFG greatly reduces the stress of business succession by quarterbacking the sale process from start to finish. THE AFG ADVANTAGE means our Clients receive higher prices and a better sales experience. Our unique approach to selling businesses is due to the way we’ll see your business – from the inside out. We will quickly learn what makes your business valuable in the marketplace and back that up with a thorough presentation to qualified buyers. We make the due diligence process much easier because we’ve prepared the buyer on what to expect so there are no surprises. Once AFG completes a thorough evaluation of your business, we’ll take your business to the marketplace at the right price; the first time. Working with your Advisory team, we’ll ensure your transition is a smooth one while handling due diligence with relative ease. Our record speaks for itself: 97% average sales to asking price. While the industry averages 20% of all businesses that go to market sell, AFG sells over 70% of businesses we choose to take to market.
Representing your business, perhaps your largest asset, is something we take very seriously. Built on a foundation of 35 years of business management in multiple industries, AFG partners with your team of Professional Advisors to ensure your goals are met with complete success. AFG, employing only the best practices expected from a Business Brokerage firm, understands the value of relationship building with you, our client, and later with the purchaser of your business, begins and ends with trust and confidentiality. In that regard, we are very selective on who we take on as clients and expect the same from you. This formula has worked well since 1980.
Established Businesses For Sale