John R. Harris has sold over 400 business since 1978. He holds a certified general appraisal license in several states and has over 30 years of appraisal and brokerage experience.
He holds a Master of Business Administration degree and has owned several successful businesses. He has operated both nationally and internationally in appraisal and brokerage and has been a member of the World Trade Center having performed appraisal and consulting services for the Mexican and Venezuelan governments in Central and South America.
John has also served as a consultant for large U.S. entities including Ford Motor Company, General Motors, General Electric, International Dairy Queen, Pizza Hut Corporation, U.S. Air Force, Boeing, Cessna Aircraft, U.S. Navy, and Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC).
Currently, Mr. Harris teaches appraisal technique in Business, Real Estate, and Machinery/Equipment for several national organizations. He serves nationally as an arbitrator in business disputes for the American Arbitration Association, New York City. He is a member and contributing guest speaker to the International Business Brokers Association (IBBA), the California Association of Business Brokers (CABB), the Institute of Certified Business Counselors (ICBC). As a member of ICBC, he is one of only a few individuals to hold the MCBC designation indicating Master Certified Business Counselor.
John Harris is the Director of the NEBB Institute. As the Director, he has trained over 400 appraisers in 45 states, Canada, Puerto Rico, Australia, Ireland, Norway, Saudi Arabia and Singapore.
He has been awarded the professional designation of CM&AA by the Alliance of Mergers & Acquisition Advisors, which means he is certified in Mergers and Acquisitions. This organization involves CPAs and other financial professionals specializing in business transfers. In addition, Mr. Harris holds the following credentials:
1. Tested and certified Senior Member of the American Society of Appraisers in the field of Machinery and Technical Specialties, and is authorized to use the professional designation ASA, indicating Accredited Senior Appraiser.
2. Holds additional ASA designation in the field of Real Estate Appraisal.
3. Licensed real estate broker in Kansas and Oklahoma.
4. Holds the BAE Professional designation indicating Business Appraisal Expert, as endorsed by Northern Michigan University.
5. Has been approved as an instructor for the Kansas Real Estate Commission to teach continuing education courses on the subject of Business Sales and Evaluation.
6. Frequent guest speaker to CPAs, attorneys and other business groups.
7. Regular contributing author to various industry trade journals and newsletters in the brokerage and appraisal industries.
8. Graduate of Loyola University School of Business Administration Executive Education Programs for Certified Merger & Acquisition Advisors.
9. Personally sold in a brokerage capacity over 400 businesses.
10. Provides expert court testimony at the District and Federal Court levels when called upon to do so.
11. Approved and Registered by: Corps of Engineers, U.S. Army, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, General Services Administration, U.S. Government, Internal Revenue Service.
Since 1978 we have sold over 400 businesses in Kansas and Oklahoma. We have sold everything from $25,000 flower shops to 52,000,000 manufacturing facilities. We are licensed brokers and Certified Machinery/Equipment Appraisers, also offering Certified Business Valuations. Whether you're a buyer or a seller, we offer an undeniable advantage.
Appraisals / Asset Valuations
You need to know what to expect when you need an appraisal of your Business assets, machinery and equipment, and or inventory. Just what goes into a Certified Appraisal Report? A USPAP (Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice) compliant Report mandates specific information about the subject property to withstand scrutiny by the IRS, Lenders, Courts, Attorneys, CPA's, and others.
The answer to that question can affect your most important decisions. Marketing & Consultant Services, Inc. provides a full range of business valuation services. Why would you need a business valuation? If you are in need of any of the following business planning or implementation strategies, you need a business valuation.
We represent Buyers (and Sellers) of Businesses. We are the intermediary and negotiator between Buyer and Seller, and serve to buffer the stress of this complicated process. We are there to explain the process, help identify issues, and solve problems.
Real Estate Appraisal
Focusing on Commercial and Industrial properties we work in virtually any of the United States of America. We are known for our expertise in appraising "unusual or complicated" properties.
Find out how you can turn equipment into cash. Time is Money! Don't hassle with newspaper ads that are costly and don't bring the buyers who are serious. In fact, after a long day, who wants to return phone calls to "unqualified" buyers? Isn't your time more valuable?
Sedgwick County, Kansas. Kingman County, Kansas. Reno County, Kansas. Sumner County, Kansas. Butler County, Kansas.
Our company has been in business since 1978. We are fully licensed by the state of Kansas in the areas of brokerage, appraisal, and insurance. Our individually licensed staff can help you whether you are a buyer or a seller to a successful completion of your transaction.
Licensed Real Estate Brokers, Certified General Appraisers of Commercial or Industrial Real Estate, Machinery/Equipment, General Business.
John R. Harris, is a member of the American Society of Appraisers (ASA), Alliance of Mergers and Acquisitions and Analysts (AM&AA), Master Certified Business Counselor (MCBC), and state licensed commercial and industrial appraiser. He is one of the founders of the International Business Brokers Association (IBBA).
Douglas L. Harris, is a Certified General Real Estate Appraiser, and Certified Machinery/ Equipment Appraiser (CMEA) with the NEBB Institute.