Seller Financing Available
Norfork River Lodge, Resort or B&B with Executive Home
Change of Life Style? Want to Semi-Retire? This B&B/Inn/Resort is"IT"
River Ridge Inn began as a B&B located on the banks of the North Fork River. The main activity is world class trout fishing, but many of our guests just wanted to relax in an ultra clean, upscale and friendly evironment. Two cottages were built on the 8 acres in 2001. This was in conjunction with finishing the downstairs of the Lodge which provide 5,000 sq ft, 6 bedrooms and 6 baths. The cottages provided and additional 3 bedrooms and 6 beds and were in high demand.
The owners lived in the upper half of the B&B for 3 years until they seized the opportunity to purchase the adjacent property and a 5,000 sq ft home. That increased the acreage to 10.5 acres (all zoned commercial) and gave room for another unit and some beautiful gardens. In 2004-5, two Chalet style units were built with dishwashers, local cedar staircases, and a full bath with each bedroom. The Inn grew to 14 bedrooms and 14 baths and outgrew the B&B concept. Two suites in the residence home were used as room rentals under another B&B business, River's Edge. River's Edge was incorporated into River Ridge Inn, Inc. Amenities were added to the "Country Inn". A hottub gazebo, hot sauna and change room, pavilion, guest laundry, large exercise area, wader storage with change area, ice machine and private dock were all added. The maintenance buildings and facilities were increased to include a garden tool storage shed, storage shed for gas and implements, greenhouse, a two car garage with storage and shop area, the main shop in a two car garage attached to the Lodge, and a storage, woodworking and painting shop in the basement of one of the Chalets. All units have large decks (6) with with views of the river and gardens. The roads are all chip and seal and only require minor maintenance. The yard was transformed from an overgrown thicket to a manicured, near golf course quality, lawn with an orchard, and 12 flower/shrub/tree gardens. The drives are lined with magnificant crepe myrtles. All the property is fenced with double rail vinyl fencing. The fencing is along the 2.5 acre lot that will be used for future expansion.
Sounds like a lot to take on? It is not. It nearly runs itself, giving you time to act like a guest.....relax, have fun talking to other guests, wade off the mile of river frontage, fish for that record Brown Trout, or go to one of the nearby lakes for bass, walley, striper, hybred and a variety of other fish. Then there is hunting. Many hunters use the nearby Ozark National Forrest for hunting deer and bear. The rivers and lakes hold flocks of ducks and geese, and, you can even hunt for pheasant and quail at nearby ranches. Wild hogs all over the country side and have no season and no limit. A large herd of elk have been prospering on the Buffalo River, and are hunted by permit only. Golf? Mountain Home has a 5 Star Country Club open to the public, and one other public course in town. Outdoor Life magazine ranked this area number 1 in sport related communities. As for Norfork, it is a sleepy laid back community that is known for its excellent shools and its volunteer work. The rivers and lakes are the lifeblood of Norfork. There is no real competition here, those that have other B&Bs, Resorts, guide services share in trying to accomplish one thing. We want the guests that come to Norfork to have a most memorable visit in hopes that they will return. We must be doing something right. Our repeat customer rate is over 75%. Of the other 25%, 15 -25% is new business. Yes, our growth rate is 15 to 25%. 2013 it was over 30%.
We do very little advertising. Most of our business comes from our reputation via word of mouth. Our fishing instructors and guides are insstrumental in creating the new business.
We have a fly fishing school established. It is for our guides to use as they will. There is also a Home Owners Association recorded if you chose to go that route.