The BizBuySell Small Business Community

  • Get Expert Advice

  •  • Find Local Service Professionals

  •  • Share Your Experiences

do you pay social security, federal etc.on the payment you receive each year from the sell of business or just

No User Photo

Answer This Question

max 5000 characters

Web Reference (optional)

e.g., ""

Review Community Guidelines

Help keep our Community clean and on topic. The BizBuySell Community is a place where you can discuss your questions, concerns and knowledge with others you can trust. It is not OK to use this forum to solicit others for personal or financial gain, or to rant about personal issues. It's all in the guidelines.

Submit Your Answer
Answers (2)
No User Photo

We are financial consultants to a group of investors whom we have their consent to manage their funds which is in our custody for cooperation in joint venture business investments.

Our areas of interest include Property Development and real estate, Health Care, Education and training, Mining and exploration, Energy, oil and gas,Technology, Software development, Agriculture, Manufacturing, Finance Services and Leisure.However, all viable proposals within reason will be considered.

Funds shall be made available to you as a direct investment loan at 3% interest rate per annual for a period of 2 or 30 years depending on what you prefer. You may contact us if you have interesting investment proposal for possible business collaboration for our study.

We look forward to your reply to enable us provide you with details or you may visit our website.

Kindly acknowledge receipt of email.

Thank you.

Yours Sincerely
Jesse Peterson
phone: (980) 239-7539

Jun 13, 2017
William A. Price
Business Lawyer
DuPage County, IL

The answer depends on how your sale was structured. If the payment is made as principal and interest on a seller's loan of some of the purchase price to the buyer, then the principal amount in each annual payment may be realization of capital gains on the purchase, while the interest paid is ordinary income. If you had a guaranteed job, then your salary will be subject to salary-based taxes like other W-2 employees. If you have guaranteed dividends, then you will be receiving dividend income, which is subject to federal income taxes, but may not be income from employment. Consult a tax lawyer or accountant about getting payment streams that are tax minimized.

Dec 30, 2013

Start a Discussion