The BizBuySell Small Business Community

  • Get Expert Advice

  •  • Find Local Service Professionals

  •  • Share Your Experiences

Is there any recourse for a buyer when a listing broker stops communications?

I have signed an NDA, traded a few emails back and forth and asked the listing broker to orchestrate a conference call with the seller. Since that request I have had silence. I have emailed asking for an update and left voice mail and still am ignored.

No User Photo

Answer This Question

max 5000 characters

Web Reference (optional)

e.g., ""

Review Community Guidelines

Help keep our Community clean and on topic. The BizBuySell Community is a place where you can discuss your questions, concerns and knowledge with others you can trust. It is not OK to use this forum to solicit others for personal or financial gain, or to rant about personal issues. It's all in the guidelines.

Submit Your Answer
Answers (3)
No User Photo

I have been looking for a business since February. I finally just closed on one. Ive talked and worked with a lot of brokers in this short period. Every single one without exception has been terrible at communication. Even now i still am having issues after closing on the last minor details. Id say only half of them even responded at all. It makes me think i could break into the broker business by simply bringing my customer service experience over. Its been ridiculous.

Jun 3, 2016
No User Photo

I've had the same experience. I called the brokerage after being ignored for 2 weeks and then he got back to me. He said his reason was that a buyer and the seller were in an exclusive investigation period. I have no idea why he didn't just notify me through email to ask me to wait for a bit.

Jun 1, 2016
No User Photo
The BAF Group LLC

Does the Broker work for a company, or is he/she an independent? If part of her brokerage, I would contact the manager or owner of the company. I note that you are from Nevada. Nevada is one of several states that requires that Business Brokers be licensed. You may want to contact the licensing authority.

May 30, 2016

Start a Discussion