The BizBuySell Small Business Community

  • Get Expert Advice

  •  • Find Local Service Professionals

  •  • Share Your Experiences

I'm buying a bar in council, Idaho that has a liquor license, what is the process for me to get their license?

No User Photo

Answer This Question

max 5000 characters

Web Reference (optional)

e.g., ""

Review Community Guidelines

Help keep our Community clean and on topic. The BizBuySell Community is a place where you can discuss your questions, concerns and knowledge with others you can trust. It is not OK to use this forum to solicit others for personal or financial gain, illegal activities, or to rant about personal issues. Please review the full guidelines if you have any questions.

Submit Your Answer
Answers (2)
Kevin Blank
Premium Broker

I am not familiar with Idaho's process but here in Pennsylvania, you simply fill out a liquor license transfer form and send it to the LCB with a check. They will then begin their process and require such documents as the purchase agreement or bill of sale to verify the transfer. The PA LCB does a background check on the buyer and will come to the store and measure and check that the current license is clear. The application then goes to the main LCB office for review. The store gets an orange placard to hang in the window so if anyone wants to protest the licensce they can. After a set period of time, they will then transfer the license. It can take 3 to 6 months here.

Start by going to the Idaho, LCB website and look for the transferring form. After that, the LCB should help with the process.

Nov 5, 2010
Jon Holmquist
Edgemaster Model 400 sharpener
Marion County, OR

Robert, you are going to need to talk to the Liqour Control people and they have all the documentation you will need to go through. Also check with the city and county to make sure they don't have any direct requirements that you need to address. Good luck , Jon at Edgemaster Mobile Sharpening

Nov 4, 2010