The BizBuySell Small Business Community

  • Get Expert Advice

  •  • Find Local Service Professionals

  •  • Share Your Experiences

How do I provide seller financing for my business? Do I need to have both an attorney and an escrow company?

No User Photo

Answer This Question

max 5000 characters

Web Reference (optional)

e.g., ""

Review Community Guidelines

Help keep our Community clean and on topic. The BizBuySell Community is a place where you can discuss your questions, concerns and knowledge with others you can trust. It is not OK to use this forum to solicit others for personal or financial gain, illegal activities, or to rant about personal issues. Please review the full guidelines if you have any questions.

Submit Your Answer
Answers (2)
Brig Burton
The 363 Group
Maricopa County, AZ

Typically, an escrow company specializing in business sales transactions handles all the proper UCC liens and personal guarantees that are normally associated with seller financing. No need for an attorney for that part, but I do recommend an attorney to review the deal.

May 1, 2013
No User Photo
The BAF Group LLC

The Attorney can probably use his escrow account for that purpose. But I would ask your Attorney.

Apr 30, 2013