*not included in asking price.
Special Occasion Dress Retailer
The Company is a retailer of special occasion dresses. With over 10,000 dresses in stock from a collection of many designers, styles, and sizes, it is a destination location for any social event. The Company sells dresses for special occasions, such as weddings, proms, pageants, Bat Mitzvahs, and Quinceañeras, as well as many others. During 2016, revenue was derived from the sale of prom dresses (29.5% of sales), missy dresses (24.5%), bridesmaid dresses (24.0%), short/career dresses (12.0%), bridal dresses (8.0%), and children’s dresses (2.0%).
The Company primarily serves customers in the region looking for special occasion dresses (90% of 2016 sales), and also generates revenue through online sales (10%). It serves between 40 and 300 customers per day, depending on the day of the week and time of the year.
The store is located in an 18,000-square foot facility, which includes space rented out to a tuxedo retailer. It is currently staffed by 8 full-time and 42 part-time employees.
- Not included in asking price
- - Superior Name and Reputation: The Company enjoys a long-standing (29+ years) reputation for its focus on maintaining an excellent selection of dresses and customer service. It represents many of the leading designers in the industry.
- Diversified Customer Base: No single customer accounted for more than 1% of revenue during the historical period. The diversified customer base helps ensure that the Company will not be significantly impacted by the loss of a single account.
- Strong Supplier Relationships: The Company has excellent relationships with its vendors, evidenced by an average relationship length longer than nine years for its top five vendors.
- Outstanding Growth Opportunities: Several opportunities exist to significantly increase revenue and profit, including leveraging the Company’s proven reputation and social media presence to increase online sales.
- Attractive Market Demographics: US personal consumption expenditures on clothing, an indicator for clothing store sales, are forecast to grow a CAGR of 3% between 2016 and 2020. IN addition, over the next five years, women’s clothing stores are expected to benefit from a rise in the number of high-income households that demand premium clothing items. The fashion-forward nature of stores that specialize in only women’s clothing convinces customers that the value of specialized products justifies the cost.
- Support & Training:
- As needed
- Reason for Selling:
- Pursue other interests
Report an issue with this listing
The information in this listing has been provided by the business seller or representative
stated above. BizBuySell has no stake in the sale of this business, has not independently
verified any of the information about the business, and assumes no responsibility
for its accuracy or completeness.
terms & conditions before responding to any ad.