Seller Financing Available
Scrap Metal Recycling
Founded in 1970 and under current ownership since 1994, this company operates as a full-service scrap metal recycler. The Company collects various types of scrap materials from walk-in sellers and containers located at businesses throughout the Houston area. The Company collects multiple types of materials including aluminum, stainless steel, copper pipe, wire, lead, non-ferrous iron, zinc, titanium, and bronze. In addition to collecting the base metals, the Company also purchases full components known to contain valuable metal parts. These include lead acid batteries, air conditioning coils and compressors, electric motors, valves, etc. The Company then provides value-added service of separating the metals from the complete units. In cases that are overly labor intensive or environmentally unsound, the Company simply sells the complete components to overseas dismantlers.
It operates from a strategically-positioned location in Houston. The facility comprises 10,500 square feet of land including a 5,280 square foot building for office, storage, and production purposes. The facility is in excellent condition and can accommodate significantly higher revenues without major improvements or capital equipment expenditures.
The Company maintains a base of over 8,000 total customers (buyers and sellers), with approximately 2,500 considered active. Due to the nature of the metals recycling business, many transactions are “one-time events.” This has resulted in a rate of repeat business of approximately 35% but also provides a steady base of new materials sellers.
- Furniture, Fixtures, & Equipment (FF&E):
- Included in asking price
- The business operates from a strategically-positioned location in Houston. The facility comprises 10,500 square feet of land including a 5,280 square foot building for office, storage, and production purposes. The facility is in excellent condition and can accommodate significantly higher revenues without major improvements or capital equipment expenditures.
- • Superior Name and Reputation: The Company has a 45-year reputation for providing excellent products and service along with fair pricing for its customers. • Diversified Seller Industries: The Company’s sellers are well-diversified over multiple industries. This reduces its reliance on the success of any particular industry for business continuity.• Cash Business: Many of the Company’s transactions are cash-based thus reducing accounts receivable carrying risk.
- Growth & Expansion:
- Management cites opportunities to grow revenues and profits above and beyond the projections discussed herein given appropriate investments in capital assets and human resources. More specifically, opportunities for growth include an expansion of services, forming a formal business development team, carrying a larger inventory, geographic expansion, acquiring more equipment, and development of government contracts.
- Support & Training:
- The current owners are willing to stay with the Company during a transition period in order to ensure a seamless transfer of ownership.
- Reason for Selling:
- Retirement planning
Report an issue with this listing
The information in this listing has been provided by the business seller or representative
stated above. BizBuySell has no stake in the sale of this business, has not independently
verified any of the information about the business, and assumes no responsibility
for its accuracy or completeness.
terms & conditions before responding to any ad.