High-end Manufacturer of Custom Rustic Furniture, Railings, and Stairs
Establishedhigh-end manufacturer rustic furniture & railings
This is a thriving business with a great reputation in the Asheville and Western North Carolina area and an established online presence for over 20 years. This business is waiting for someone who is passionate about creative design, quality construction and owning their own business.
Business is a high-end manufacturer of custom rustic furniture, stairs, and railings as well as a supplier of native forest products and building components. Products sold are inspired by the natural environs of the Blue Ridge Mountains, which surround the studio. Business specializes in outfitting rustic homes and landscapes with furnishings that let the natural beauty of the wood lspeak for itself. Product lines and custom, rustic creations include: railings (locust, hickory, pine, rhododendron), stairs (custom log and timber style), mantels (reclaimed and log), architectural elements (entry gates, garden arbors & pergolas, door and window trim, walking trial and bridge railings, signs, mailboxes, accent and support logs, and support bracing), indoor furniture (bedroom, tables and chairs, headboards, nightstands), outdoor furniture (benches, Adirondack chairs, picnic tables, fire pit seating), and building materials (locust, rhododendron).
Gross Revenue average mid $200K which allows for owner salary. In addition, high growth opportunities exist through wholesale and trade shows. Also potential to grow repeat client list, which now accounts for 25% of sales.
The new buyer will reap the rewards of purchasing this Business that has an impeccable long-term reputation and industry name-recognition.
- Real Estate:
- Building Sq. Ft.:
- Lease Expiration:
- The business includes all fixtures and equipment in its outfitted shop, including a 14 foot GMC Diesel Box Truck with Lift Gate, 2006, with custom graphics on 3 sides, Hyster Fork Lift, Delta 3HP Special Edition 10” Tilting Harbor Unisaw with 50” Biesemeyer Fence, Jet 8” Closed Stand Jointer, 2 horsepower with movable stand, Jet 15” Planer, Two Northwest Tennon Cutter Systems with Milwaukee ¾” drill, a Delta Bandsaw, and a variety of other woodworking tools. Current studio is leased to Business by third party.
- Competition is a handful of retail outlets selling a limited line of rustic furniture. Approx. half of sales are to customers in the Western North Carolina area while the other half are nationally distributed (triggered by strong online presence). Customers include architects, builders of private residences, interior designers, restaurants, museums, and summer camps. Asheville was ranked #2 Best Startup City in America. – Popular Mechanics, January 2015 and #12 out of 200 as a best place for business and careers. – Forbes.com, 2015.
- Growth & Expansion:
- Strong growth opportunities through expanding advertising through trade shows. Addition of sales rep could also greatly expand sales through building industry or retail stores. Opportunities also exist through more aggressive social media campaign. Profits could also be increased by expanding advertising to draw in customers from surrounding areas and targeted markets (e.g. mountain home builders and summer camps).
- Will consider owner financing
- Support & Training:
- Current owner will train buyer in all facets of the company and manufacturing.
- Reason for Selling:
- Other Business - Too Busy
- This business is an established franchise
Report an issue with this listing
The information in this listing has been provided by the business seller or representative
stated above. BizBuySell has no stake in the sale of this business, has not independently
verified any of the information about the business, and assumes no responsibility
for its accuracy or completeness.
terms & conditions before responding to any ad.