Seller Financing Available
Full-Service Signage Company (Architectural)
This 30 year old company designs, manufactures and installs custom architectural interior as well as exterior signage. It also offers wayfinding, design/build, installation, consulting, reorder fulfillment, and other related services. With a superior industry reputation, strong customer relationships, awards, proprietary product lines, distribution network, comprehensive in-house fabrication capabilities, industry expertise, trademarks, contracts and backlog, and solid management team, the Company is well-positioned for continued growth.
The Company operates through four internal profit centers: interior signs (60% of 2015 revenue), exterior signs (27%), installation services (12%), and other solutions (1%). Due to the Company’s long-term presence in the industry, during 2015, it sold approximately 11,000 units and continues to service several national corporate accounts throughout the US. The business has a strong committed contract pipeline with $3.5M in current backlog and has been awarded projects between $10,000 and excess of $2M.
Customer markets include healthcare, education, multi-tenant housing, corporate, hospitality, government, and other target markets, with sales equally concentrated in the two mid-western states. The Company maintains a base of approximately 1,300 customers (200 active), and over 50% of revenue comes from recurring active customer orders.
- Included in asking price
- Real Estate:
- Building Sq. Ft.:
- Furniture, Fixtures, & Equipment (FF&E):
- Included in asking price
- The Company operates from two facilities. It's headquarters are located in the Midwest and its primary facility comprises approximately 11,000 square feet (office and sign manufacturing purposes). The secondary facility is approximately 4,000 square feet, and is utilized for office, warehouse, and installation purposes.
- (A) Industry Expertise: In addition to the principal's extensive industry experience, the Company’s key employees also have significant industry and service knowledge. This wealth of experience and expertise provides the Company with a significant intangible asset and advantage over many regional and national competitors. (B) Complementary Services: In addition to sign manufacturing and installation services, it also offers architectural and project management support, comprehensive design, product distribution, and pre-planning services. It offers design/build services which leverages the Company's design expertise. (C) Qualifications: The Company’s structure, fabrication capabilities, long-term operations, and management systems are designed to provide clients with interdisciplinary signage manufacturing and ongoing service solutions. The Company's project sizes range from under $1,000 to over $500,000. In addition, certain large current contracts exceed $2.2 million. (D) Quality of Production: The Company has long maintained an outstanding reputation for providing custom and standard manufacturing services that meet the most demanding customer specifications. (E) Broad Target Markets: It targets various market segments across the US. The Company expects to capitalize on the broad market segments during the pro forma period. (F) Recurring Orders: Due to its reputation, long-term presence in the industry, and broad in-house production capabilities, the Company’s recurring order rate exceeds 50%. It has developed customer-specific web portals for easy re-order of clients' branded signage with integrated payment and shipping notifications. (G) Distribution Channels: The Company has multiple routes to market: direct sales, wholesale, catalog and online distributors, corporate and contractor bid sites, and commercial retail sales.
- Growth & Expansion:
- Management cites opportunities to grow revenues and profits above and beyond the projections discussed herein given appropriate investments in capital assets and human resources. More specifically, opportunities for growth include new service segment addition, further online presence development, product distribution segment expansion, and private as well as public sector target market growth.
- Support & Training:
- The owner is willing to stay with the Company during a transition period in order to ensure a seamless transfer of ownership.
- Reason for Selling:
- Retirement Planning
Report an issue with this listing
The information in this listing has been provided by the business seller or representative
stated above. BizBuySell has no stake in the sale of this business, has not independently
verified any of the information about the business, and assumes no responsibility
for its accuracy or completeness.
terms & conditions before responding to any ad.